Welcome to the Illinois Public Service Institute
IPSI is a three-year training program which provides instruction expressly designed for public service professionals. The course is divided into three one-week sessions (one week each year) focusing on training in public service, personal growth and professional development.
IPSI is an outstanding program that will help you reach your professional goals and enhance your effectiveness and efficiency on the job. If you have any questions please contact Mary Bender at 231-797-5536 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
14th Annual Illinois Public Service Institute - October 4 - 9, 2015
• Defining Excellence in Public Works
• The Supervisorís Role in Service Excellence
• Serving Internal and External Customers
• Business Communication
• Performance Appraisal Techniques
• Legal Update!
• Creating an Action Plan
Advanced Institute October 5 through October 9 - CHANGE IN FORMAT
The Advanced Institute is now offering IPSI graduates an opportunity to sign up for any single day or combination of days that best fits their training interest. This will replace of the traditional offering of two and one-half days, IPSI graduates will see this as perfect opportunity to reconnect with IPSI colleagues or join others from your organization to support their IPSI experience and benefit from attending sessions together. There will be separate registration forms that allows for daily pricing that will cover meals, class materials and instruction.
Directorís Day, Thursday, October 8 - $75.00
We are also going to designate Thursday as ďDirectorsí DayĒ as an opportunity for directors or bosses that want to get an idea of what IPSI is all about. Our hope is that when they see the quality of this program, they will be even more willing to authorize members of their team to attend IPSI. Includes dynamic speakers, materials, breaks and lunch.
- Supervisory Doís and Doníts
- The Supervisorís Role in Service Excellence
- Living with Your Union Contract
- Strategic Planning
- Group Decision Making
- Communication Skills
- Creating Performance Appraisals
- Managing Problem Employees in the Workplace
- Conflict Communications
- Creative Problem Solving
- Creating a Personal Action Plan
- Challenges and Solutions for Leadership in Public Service
- Leadership Styles
- Itís a Matter of Your Style
- Your Rights as a Supervisor and Their Rights as Employees
- Managing Generational Differences in the Workplace
- Communication - Loyalty - Motivation
- Eureka to Action
What Students Are Saying About IPSI...